Monday, October 8, 2012

Toilet Learning Twins- Part 3 - Training Pants

Training pants are the bane of my life. Honestly, if you are early toilet learning or practising Elimination Communication, the options for training pants or little undies is rather limited in the department stores. Also purchasing a pair of training pants in a small size has proven to be a challenge in some of the online stores, as the stock is either sold out or unavailable. For what it is worth here is my training pants adventures so far.


The cheapies

Yes you know the ones, they are available in Target, Big W, KMart and other larger department stores and astonishing cheap in comparison to other brands of training pants. I did indeed buy some of these whilst waiting for another delivery of training pants from an online store. The cheap ones  were a waste of money, as the saying goes, you pay for what you get.

Imse Vimse training pants 100% organic cotton

These training pants have a layer of poly-urethane-laminated (PUL) polyester to assist in keeping clothes dry. The outside is organic cotton with two layers of organic terry cloth on the inside. The leg bands are fitted around the leg, yet soft and stretchy enough not to leave leg marks.


A wearing a pair of Imse Vimse training pants
We own three pairs of Imse Vimse training pants 100% organic cotton training pants which I love, but they are expensive. I brought these when they were on sale and thought we could trial them. I wish I had purchased more. Lucky for us I've just purchased two more pairs via Ebay from a mum who never used them! Brand new with tags and still in packaging. Crazy I say, but good for me and the cost including postage is less than one brand new pair.

Imse Vimse training pants are made from fabulous soft fabric and in my experience they hold a decent size wee. Yes the child does know they are wet. So far these have washed very well and still look pristine while.

The picture to the right shows the ones we own. Here are my thoughts on the pro's and con's

Pro
  • organic cotton
  • easy to pull up and down. (A&G aren't able to do this themselves..... yet)
  • they must be comfortable as A & G both like to wear them
  • not bulky
  • very durable
Cons
  • they take a while to dry on the clothes line
  • expensive
I do like these training pants, but they are approximately $22 each and when you calculate how many I would need for twins that's a lot of money,

With respect to the two negatives I listed above, I really had to think long and hard to come up with second negative (the first been cost.) Given how thick and thirsty the fabric, I think the extra drying time is to be expected.

Under the Nile Egyptian Organic Cotton Training Pants

Unfortunately I cannot find a stockiest here in Australia and Under the Nile do not ship to Australia. Luckily, the Michael Olaf store does stock these and will ship internationally. We are currently wait for our delivery of training pants and free catalogues. I will keep you posted, when they arrive.

U-627


I've come to the conclusion that good training pants are a scare resource in Australian stores and they cost an astonishing amount of money. Except for the cheapies, I have had to purchase all our training pants online. What would I have done without the internet?











No comments:

Post a Comment